#027 HOW MUCH DO YOU MAKE AN HOUR?


With a timid voice and idolizing eyes, the little boy greeted his father as he returned from work.
SON: "Daddy, may I ask you a question?"
DAD: "Yeah sure, what is it?"
SON: "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?"
SON: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "If you must know, I make $100 an hour." (Giving just an answer to get rid of him)
SON: "Oh! (With his head down).
SON: "Daddy, may I please borrow $50?"
The father was furious.
DAD: "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday for such this childish behavior."


Resultado de imagen para parent yelling at child

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.
The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. "How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?" He thought


After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think:
Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $ 50 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

DAD: "Are you asleep, son?"
SON: "No daddy, I'm awake".
DAD: "I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier. It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $50 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, smiling.
SON: "Oh, thank you daddy!"
Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy already had money and he was really confused. The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.

DAD: "Why do you want more money if you already have some?"

SON: "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do.

"Daddy, I have $100 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."
The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness.


Resultado de imagen para father crying

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts. Do you remember to share that $100 worth of your time with someone you love? If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days. But the family and friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than to our family.

Some things are more important. In fact they are priceless!


Resultado de imagen para give time to your children thoughtsResultado de imagen para give time to your children thoughts

Comments

  1. I totally agree with the phrase of the image. Definitely, anyone can be called "a parent" but according to this, we must think if he/she really deserve to be called that way.. What are they really doing for their children? They'll be able to satisfy their whims, buy them the most expensive mobile phone, give them money whenever they request it. But is it really what children want and need? Personally, I don't think so. I strongly believe that the most important "thing" and that every child should have is to spend time with their parents and in fact, receive love from them .. Life takes many turns and as the story mentions, if you die tomorrow, not even all the money in the world can replace the time you spent living with your children. On the other hand, a situation that almost always happens (at least in our society) is that when a parent abandons its child, in the future he or she will want to look for him, but the son or daughter will reject him because he never had a bond of love with his father or mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! There are many cases like the ones you mentioned, we do know that time is priceless and for children it is more than that, it is real love, they always see their parents as superheroes that's why we ought to be with them as much as possible.

      Delete
  2. i am totally agree .sometimes the parents just wor and work for the future of their children and don´t realise that the most important thing for kids is the time that all spend together.
    it is much better to have values that our parents taught than money or the posibility of expensive college and schools

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Time goes by very fast and as I said before it is priceless, so we must give time not only to our children, but also to any person we love, especially our family like our parents, grandparents, etc. Do you do it? hopefully! yes :)

      Delete
  3. My reflection about this story is that people give more value to work and then about forget having more time with their families and friends. What every child wants is to spend more time with their parents, because it means that they love them. Only your family always supports you and cares about you. Heydi Nina;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Nina when it comes to prioritize most parents do the opposite, we start by the things are less important. It reminds me of a saying that I heard time ago which goes like this "The majority of people spend their whole life and health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain health" I mean isn't it nonsense? unfortunately it is real.

      Delete
  4. I'm completely agree with the reflection because many people give more importance to other things like their jobs or anything instead of paying attention to their children and dedicating time to them. And some of this parents think that giving money is enough. I think that all parents should read this story to avoid this or think about it and stop doing it and dedicate more time to their children.
    Valeria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, that was so beatiful, I loved it. Honestly I as student I have to concentrate in my studies and leave my family, my friends, mi girlfriend, but I know that sometimes I have to leave the world of studies and have good times with that people that I care, I enjoy the time that I pass with my beloved ones; this kind of reflections always teach me something very important, and I feel more tranquil when I know that there are people that have tha same idead that I have, is beautiful when you notice that there a lot of people are alike you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with this reflection, because nothing is equal to spending time with the people you love, not even money. It's true that it is necessary to work to survive in this society, but we must know how to level it without letting it distance us from what really makes us happy, which in this case is being with loved ones.
    It is true that being parents does not necessary mean having the same blood,be REAL parents means teaching to childrens be good people ,and for that they need love, which as it says in the image, for them LOVE means TIME.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#002 THE MAN, HIS WIFE, THE DONKEY AND THE CRITICS

#004 WHAT IS IT LIKE TO LIVE HERE?

#043 THE WOODEN BOWL