#077 THE SUITCASE




THE SUITCASE

 A man died, when he realized it, he saw God coming closer with a suitcase in his hand.
God said: Alright son it's time to go.
Surprised the man responded: Now? So soon? I had a lot of plans…
I’m sorry but it's time to go.

What do you have in that suitcase? the man asked.
God answered: Your belongings.

My belongings? you mean my things, my clothes, my money?
God answered: Those things were not yours they belonged to the earth.

Is it my memories? the man asked.
God answered: those never belonged to you they belonged to Time

Is it my talents?
God answered: those were never yours they belonged to the circumstances.

Is it my friends and family?
God answered: I’m sorry they were never yours they belonged to the path.

Is it my wife and son?
God answered: They were never yours they belonged to your heart.

Is it my body?
God answered: that was never yours it belonged to the dust.

Is it my soul?
God answered: No, that is mine .

"You cannot have what belongs to The Almighty Creator, at least you must know this." the reaper retorts then hands him the suitcase without further explanation.

With a peaking curiosity and trembling hands, he opens the suitcase and look inside.

With a tear coming down his cheek the man said: I never had anything??

God answered: That is correct, every moment you lived were only yours. Life is just a moment.
a moment that belongs to you. For this reason enjoy this time while you have it.
Don’t let anything that you think you own stop you from doing so.

"It's your TIME. When you're alive, TIME is all you have", the reaper answers. "Now, your TIME is up, it's time to go".

Fo us, who are alive! Live Now! Live your life!

Don’t forget to be happy, that is the only thing that matters.
Material things and everything else that you fought for stays here.
 
YOU CAN’T TAKE ANYTHING

There are too many times we might have overly thinking about things that we don't have. We always feel lacking. Being too busy looking out for comparisons that we forget what we really have. We forget to appreciate our PRESENT gratefully. I know I do.

Sometimes we are too busy to prepare for the future or too stunned with regret over our past that we forget to:

  • Do more for ourselves
  • Do more for others
  • Being truthful and honest
  • Benefiting others
  • Spending more time with our family and friends
    being better person each and everyday

The question really is "what should I do with what I have", rather than "what ifs".




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#002 THE MAN, HIS WIFE, THE DONKEY AND THE CRITICS

#004 WHAT IS IT LIKE TO LIVE HERE?

#043 THE WOODEN BOWL